Tuesday, October 26, 2010

So Much Going On ...

Ok, so it's been a while, I know. There's so much to tell, I'm not sure where to start.

First of all, I'm still moving but not to the bloggy knoll I was hoping for. It turns out the illustrator who was designing my new blog-home is no longer available. So instead of moving to shiny new custom-made digs, I'll be moving to a fixer-upper. I'll still be hosting my housewarming though so please keep your eyes open for more information on that.

In baby news, (this is a mom-blog y'all), my lil chocolate chip took his first flight! And I'm happy to report he did wonderfully! He didn't fuss on the outbound or on the return flight home.


The only problem we had was with the car seat the rental car company provided. He's not a fan of being strapped in anyway, but he literally screamed every time I put him into the rental. Note to self: Next time, bring your own car seat!!

I also discovered a great baby rental service that rents baby gear for your destination so you don't have to bring all those extras with you. I was able to rent a walker and a huge bag of toys for the lil one, and it was all dropped off at my hotel, ready and waiting when I checked in. Unbeknownst to me, there are services like this available all over the country and even internationally. I used Baby's A-Go in Boston, but you just need to google baby gear rental and the name of your destination city and you should get a huge list of locations to choose from.

Let's see, what else? Hmmm ...

Baby Boy is now 7 months old!! I can't believe how quickly time flies!! Everyone says it but, like most things, it just doesn't register until you experience it yourself. He's almost 20 pounds and 29 inches. He's cruising already, which means I've got to watch him every second, and he's drooling everywhere, which I'm sure means teeth are coming soon.

Note to my new-mom readers - Fevers are pretty much the norm during this period. Doctors will tell you that babies don't get more than a low-grade fever with the onset of teething but I can tell you that's not the case. Of course, you should check with your own physician if your child has a fever over a 100.4 but my son has had several fevers lately, all due to this teething. His temperament is fine and he continues to be playful but he's more often than not got a bit of a fever. There's also lots of poop.

And finally, thanks to all the ICLW'ers who are dropping by for the first time. I'm not officially participating this month since I'm working on my move but please feel free to leave a comment so I can stop by your place as well.

Chat soon!!
MAK

1 comment:

  1. I love the pic! He looks like a little man. He has already passed my girl in weight and she's twice his age. Thanks for the tip on baby gear rentals. I will have to keep that tip in mind.

    ReplyDelete