Thursday, September 23, 2010

Change

Six Months.

SIX MONTHS?!?!

Where did the time go?!?

Six months ago I had no idea what I was doing. I had no clue what it took to be a mom, or even if I could really pull it off.

But here we are, six months later, and we're doin' it & doin't it & doin' it well. (If I do say so myself - LOL!)

But seriously folks, six months ago today I gave birth to a child I only ever dreamed of having, and started my journey into the 'hood. I didn't know then how much my life would change. I didn't understand how much I would love this little person. I didn't know how truly overwhelmed I would be simply by looking into his eyes. I had no idea how much it would please me to have him look back into mine. I mean really look at me and know I'm his momma. I couldn't have understood how huge my heart would feel inside my chest, or that the love inside it would feel like it could burst through at any moment, just because he smiled at me. I didn't think that seeing him roll over for the first time could make my heart jump & skip a beat at the same time. Or that hearing him cry could break my heart so easily.

I couldn't have known how jealous I'd be of any other person he smiled at, (including my hubby), or how equally happy it would make me to see him be so open to others. I didn't understand how wrapped up my own happiness would be in his, or how empty I'd be when he wasn't around. I didn't think I could possibly be any more anxious for the end of a work day, or any more eager to do it all.

I didn't know how much my life would change.

But I can tell you it changed for the better.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm your newest follower fromthe Friday Blog Hop! Lovely Blog! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    Your son is ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I am Nicole from ColiesKitchen.com I found you on a blog hop and wanted to drop by and say hi. I really like your blog, and am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete